We’ve registered Norte! for TART’s SmartCommute Challenge, June 2-6. It’s the best week of the year in Traverse City (no offense, cherries!)
Equipo Norte! is open to all of our riders/families/friends/volunteers/sponsors. Young. Old. SCW vet. Newbie. We hope you’ll join us. If you support bike-centric community do-gooding and like to pedal to school/work, we’d love to have you on our Team. And just in case there was any confusion, we plan on dominating this thing!
Here’s How It Works:
1. Fill out this form for each Smart Commuter
2. Get an awesome, free wicking/tech Norte! Youth Cycling T-Shirt and a snazzy SCW button.
3. Talk at least one of your classmates/co-workers/neighbors/friends to join in on the action. They’ll get a free T-Shirt and button too and you’ll get a High Five. This will make both of you happy.
4. Put on your fancy T-Shirt and button and ride your bike to school/work ALL Smart Commute Week (June 2-6). Try your best to ride all 5 days. If it’s raining, wear your rain jacket. If your legs are sore, drink some water and stretch. Hop aboard one of our Bike Trains or start your own. Come to the breakfasts too if you can. We can eat some bagels together.
5. Take some photos of your Smart Commuting awesomeness and post them to FB/Twitter/Instagram using hashtags #SmartCommuteTC #BikeTVC #BikeMás
6. Fill in your daily miles ridden on our handy dandy Google Sheet (coming soon!)
7. Our TC RIDES is on the official SCW calendar. Wednesday, June 4th. Meet At McLain on 8th at 5:45. Riding at 6. You should come. Bring your bell and your happy face! We finish at The Little Fleet. We can eat EZ-Cheesy together.
8. Celebrate with us at Oryana’s SCW Challenge Awards breakfast on Friday after we crush the competition in the Medium Team Division.
9. The Bicycle Safety Rodeo is on Saturday, June 7th, 11-3. We’re running the Skills Course. It’s going to be awesome. You should come to that too. Show off your skillz.
10. Ride your bike (duh!) to the Bike-In Movie at the F&M’er on Saturday night to watch The Goonies with us. We can eat popcorn together.
Whew! What a week it’ll be. Yay, SCW!