The Bike Más Project is Norte!’s experienced-based, after-school program for elementary aged students which aims to develop the next generation of active, healthy, engaged young leaders in Traverse City through bike repair, education, safety and adventure.
What’s a Bike Champion?
A Bike Champion:
- is passionate about riding bicycles
- is enthusiastic about sharing his/her love of bicycles with elementary aged students
- is dedicated to growing bike culture at his/her neighborhood school
- is knowledgeable of basic bike repair (think, changing a flat tire or adjusting brakes)
- is capable of teaching bike handling skills, safe riding principles and the rules of the road
- is a happy, smile-y, super awesome Norte! ambassador
The Bike Más Project meets for an hour and a half, 1x/wk for 5 weeks starting mid-September. It is limited to 5 students from the 3rd, 4th or 5th grades.
Read our recap of Traverse Heights Elementary’s first Bike Más Project HERE.
Please email/call Ty Schmidt, Norte!’s Safe Routes To School coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org/231-709-4410 for more information about bringing The Bike Más Project to your school.
Read more about The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment, our Safe Routes To School funded TCAPS program, HERE.