Love riding bikes? Want to share that love with Traverse City youth? We have many, many fun (not boring!) volunteer opportunities this fall:
- The Bike Mas Project: Our after school program at Traverse Heights and Eastern starts next Wed. Sept 23rd and runs weekly for 5 weeks. 4:00 – 5:30 on Wednesdays. Assist the program leader with bike handling skills, bike safety, and bike repair. Sign up HERE.
- El Barrio Bike Fix: Have some basic bike repair knowledge? Assist our professional mechanic and help teach these skills to students at TCAPS Montessori @GlennLoomis. Fridays 3:15 – 4:15 through October. Sign up HERE.
- Bike To School Fridays: Weekly, community-wide, multi-school celebration of kids on bikes actively transporting themselves to school. Help lead a train, be a crossing guard or hand out high fives/prizes at school. Sign up HERE.
- Vasa Sabado: Saturday, Sept 26. 10am at the VASA parking lot off Bartlett. A Community Mountain Bike Ride + Picnic to celebrate MI Trails Week/National Public Lands Day. Help lead a ride. Sign up HERE.
- Traverse City Walks To School Day: Community-wide, multi-school celebration of National Walk To School Day on Oct 7th. Help lead a walking school bus, be a crossing guard, count the walkers or hand out high fives/prizes at school: Sign up HERE.
- Vasa Domingos: Weekly mountain bike ride on the VASA. Meeting at Timber Ridge at 11:45 (rolling at noon) on Sundays through the fall. Lead a ride. Sign up HERE.
- Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day: Saturday, Oct. 3. 10am at VASA single track parking lot off Supply. Lead a ride Sign up HERE.
- Bike Valet at the Downtown Farmers Market: Much more than just parking bikes on a Saturday morning, our bike valet is an important community outreach program for Norte!. Sign up for a fun and easy 2 hour shift HERE.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Bike Happy. Bike Mas. Bike TC.