Every Kid In A Park is a new federal program that allows 4th graders and their entire family to score free access to all national parks/lakeshores, forests and wildlife refuges across the country for the 2015-16 school year.
Norte! wants to help a few Traverse City 4th graders get theirs by way of a super FUN Sleeping Bear Dunes adventure on Sunday, September 27.
How It Works:
- Meet us at 9:15 on Hall Street near downtown this Sunday with your bike to take the 9:30 BATA Bike-Bus to Empire.
- Pedal to the nearby Sleeping Bear Dunes visitor center to get your free national park pass.
- Ride the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to the Dune Climb to eat your brown bag lunch.
- Bike to Glen Haven on the trail to explore the beaches and museums.
- Pedal the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail to Glen Arbor for ice cream.
- Catch the 3:00 bus back to TC from Glen Arbor arriving home at 4:00.
Ice cream Norte!’s treat.
Space is limited so please sign up HERE.
This adventure will be led by Norte! board member/BATA Bus champion/National Park Service volunteer/piping plover lover, Mr. Bill Clark.
We will need 1-2 volunteer chaperones so if you’d like to help, let us know HERE.
Learn more about the Every Kid In A Park program HERE.
Email questions to email@example.com