When the weather is less than awesome – think a wet, windy, 37F morning – we grab our rain coats, mitts, longies, and hats because Bike To School Friday‘ers are tough as nails here in Traverse City. While our numbers might have a bit smaller, we made it up with funny faces and MUCHO FUN! on our 2nd Principals On Bikes ride.
Special shout outs to:
- The Eastern Elementary Flyer for winning the “Most Awesome Bike Train Of The Day” award. They blew in with a record crowd of 11 riders.
- Two of our fave Titans, Joe and Seth, for getting up super early to bike from F&M park to West Middle in the cold, rain and wind. Way to go, boys! Proud of you.
- Principals On Bikes! Eastern‘s Principal Biz and Traverse Heights‘ Principal Six-King for riding on the Flyer and Golden Arrow bike trains, respectively.
- State Trooper Rich Hall for bringing his “Blue Goose” patrol car to Clancy park to keep the Flyer safe and awesome.
- The 7 different ladies of the all-girl Glenn Loomis Trolley for a solid week. Not just Bike To School Friday train anymore, these Mercury Bike To School Everyday.
- Our boy, Max, of East Middle for keeping our “Bike-To-Bus Stop” program going. Go, Max, Go!
Week 1 numbers HERE
Week 2 numbers HERE
Week 3 numbers HERE
Week 4 numbers HERE
Week 5 numbers HERE
More info on Bike To School Fridays HERE
Read more about The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment HERE
Learn more about our City-wide network of bike trains HERE
Email questions to email@example.com