No school on Friday last week – Iceman holiday here in Traverse City – so we rode bikes to school on Wednesday. And it was awesome.
Special shout outs to:
- Mother Earth for a glorious, incredibly warm fall day. We set a record with a high of 76F?! That’s 24C, folks. Amazing.
- Central Grade for one their biggest showings of the fall….22 bikes! Way to go, Super Stars!
- Principal Biz of Eastern Elementary for riding with the High-lander bike train…her 3rd different Eastern train of the fall. With 5 Eastern trains in all, she only has to ride the Special and Star Line Express to be perfect. Awesome, right!?
- Mr. Clark and Grandma Ann of the Montessori Trolley bike train for serving up donuts to mucho riders: 17 students + 7 adults/volunteers/siblings = 24 awesome people! #WillRideForDonuts
- Westwoods Elementary, one of our fave outlying schools, for an impressive 13 bikes!
Week 1 numbers HERE
Week 2 numbers HERE
Week 3 numbers HERE
Week 4 numbers HERE
Week 5 numbers HERE
Week 6 numbers HERE
Week 7 numbers HERE
Week 8 numbers HERE
More info on Bike To School Fridays HERE
Read more about The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment HERE
Learn more about our City-wide network of bike trains HERE
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org