With winter on our heels – it finally snowed here in Traverse City this weekend – we celebrated the 11th Bike To School Friday of the fall the best way we know how. By taking the awesome way to school, of course. We had an amazing start to the school year, let’s keep ‘er rolling come spring!
Special shout-outs to:
- All of the bike-tastic students across TC who helped us blow by our goal of 1100 B2SFri bikes for the fall. That’s an average of 100+ bikes per Friday, folks! We think that’s pretty awesome.
- Our 15 dedicated bike train conductors for making it happen. We are nothing without you. Thank you!
- Siblings, Mason and Ellie of Eastern Elementary, who have biked 52 of 53 days of school. The only day they didn’t was Halloween — because their costumes weren’t bike friendly.
- Mr. Clark, the never tiring and always up early, bike train conductor of the Montessori Trolley, for serving up breakfast to his 13 riders. #WillRideForFrenchToast
- The Eastern Star Express bike train who together pedaled 21 miles to and and from school today. And, an amazing 246 miles as a whole this fall. Way to go, Stars!
Week 2 numbers HERE
Week 3 numbers HERE
Week 4 numbers HERE
Week 5 numbers HERE
Week 6 numbers HERE
Week 7 numbers HERE
Week 8 numbers HERE
Week 9 numbers HERE
Week 10 numbers HERE
More info on Bike To School Fridays HERE
Read more about The Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment HERE
Learn more about our City-wide network of bike trains HERE
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org