We love love love riding bikes to our amazing Bijou by the Bay theater. Located in the heart of downtown TC on the shores of West Grand Traverse bay in beautiful Clinch Park and along the wonderful TART Trail, pedaling to the Bijou is pure joy. It’s surely one of the most bike-tastic theaters in
Michigan The Universe and we’re so lucky to have it in our hometown.
With the generous support of Smith, Haughey, Rice & Roegge, we are therefore stoked – yes, STOKED! – to announce that Norte! will be hosting the first ever Bike Night At The Bijou on Tuesday, May 3rd. We will celebrate the growing presence of people on bicycles in Traverse City. We will smash the most bicycles at The Bijou record. We will raise funds for our kids on bikes programming. It’s going to be awesome. You should come!
Here’s the scoop:
When: Tuesday, May 3rd. Doors at 6. Presentation at 6:30. Film at 7.
- 1 beer thanks to our friends at The Workshop Brewing Co.
- bike valet service
- as many free high fives as you can handle
What’s Showing: We’ll be screening Filmed By Bike‘s carefully curated “Bike Love” program that features 11 short films for all-ages ranging from the heartfelt to the hilarious and featuring the stories of German track racer Mianzi Rei and the world’s first pedal-powered talk show. Here’s a taste:
A short presentation by Norte! and other bike-friendly organizations in Traverse City will precede the film.
A super awesome and equally bike-tastic after party will follow at The Workshop.
100% of funds raised will go to support Norte!’s many bike-centric, youth-focused programs so that we can:
- invest in bike tools, parts and supplies for El Barrio Bike Fix, our after school learn-to-wrench program
- fund The Bike Mas Project, our adventure-based after school empowerment program
- purchase more balance bikes and helmets for the Estrellas del Norte!, our learn-to-ride program for preschoolers
- grow our Kids Bike Library to make sure that every awesome kid can ride an awesome bike to pedal to school no matter their family’s financial resources
Tickets can be purchased at the Bijou/State box office or online HERE.
Bike Happy. Bike Mas. Bike The Bijou.