Stars on bikes, foot and wheels unite.
We’re going on an adventure, Eastern Stars. An adventure to Washington, DC.
This ain’t no regular family road trip though. This is a very, very imaginary car-free trip that promises to be awesome. No car? Nope. We’re going to walk, bike and roll to our nation’s Capital together. Crazy? Maybe. But Eastern dreams big and we’re jonesin’ for an adventure.
It’s a long, long way to to DC. 874 miles via US Bicycle Route 50, actually. No biggie. With the power of walking, biking, and rolling together to school, anything is possible. We can do this, Stars.
Here’s How It Works:
- Starting April 4th, walk, bike and roll to school. Every day. Well, as much as you can anyway. Every Fridays Fantástico, for sure.
- Measure how far your walk/bike/roll trip is to school. Your walk/bike/roll trip from home to school counts, of course, but so does:
- driving, parking a little bit away from school and walking the last portion. Use one of Eastern’s 8 Drive2Walk locations. Or just invite a friend and walk together.
- walking/biking/rolling to your neighborhood bus stop.
- At the end of EVERY week, report how many times you walked/biked/rolled to school. Report here:
We will track our progress on a map at, send weekly updates on our whereabouts and celebrate milestones as we move down US Bicycle Route 50. Hopefully by the end of the school year, we’ll have made it to the White House, Capitol Building and the Washington Monument.
We need to average 17 miles/day. We need everyone to participate! Teachers, staff and Principal Biz too. Let’s do this, Eastern Stars.
Eastern’s Drive2Walk Locations
Distance from Drive2Walk locations to Eastern:
- Clancy Park – 0.4 miles
- TC Central – 0.2 miles
- East Bay Park – 0.8 miles
- TC Water Treatment Plant – 0.4 miles
- Indian Woods – 0.7 miles
- NMC – 0.4 miles
- Highland Park – 0.3 miles
- Civic Center – 1 mile
Email questions to email@example.com
Norte! is dreaming big to make walking/biking/rolling to Eastern the new normal but we need mucho quality big people to make it happen. Helping kids actively get to school is both easier and awesome’er than you think. Sign up to volunteer here: http://goo.gl/forms/fgHT1dH8Vg