With inspiration from the awesome people at Modacity in Vancouver, Norte! is excited to again offer bike-powered delivery of your Christmas tree to Traverse City’s recycling drop-off site. Because recycling your tree by bicycle might just be the most awesome thing ever:
- it’s easy. Just make a $25 donation.
- it’s convenient. One less trip for you.
- it’s less wasteful. Turning your tree into mulch rocks!
- it supports Norte!. Yay for a stronger, better connected and more bicycle friendly Traverse City.
Here’s How it Works:
2. We will contact you via email to schedule your pick up.
3. A Norte! volunteer will pedal your Christmas tree to Hull Park using our 8ft, heavy duty bike trailer.
4. Give yourself a pat on the back for supporting kids on bikes in Traverse City and recycling your tree into mulch and erosion control for City parks and Brown Bridge Quiet Area.
Pick-ups available in Oak Park, Boardman, Traverse Heights, Central, Slabtown and Old Town neighborhoods only.
Pick-ups start 12/27/15 and end 1/6/16 .
Your donation will allow us to awesome’ize our new Clubhouse at the Civic Center including:
- new bike tools, parts and supplies for El Barrio Bike Fix, our learn-to-wrench program.
- more bikes for our Bike Library, our free program that aims to get bikes to kids so they can ride to school.
- scholarships for The Bike Mas Project, our adventure-based bike safety program.
Email questions to email@example.com
More info on Traverse City’s tree recycling program HERE.
More info on our new Clubhouse HERE.
Learn more about Modacity and their amazing internationally crowd-sourced #TreeByBike photo gallery HERE.
Bike Happy. Bike Mas. Bike Your Christmas Tree TC.