Norte! is a firm believer that local bike shops play a mucho important role in bicycle friendly towns. As part of our TC Bike Month events, we’re excited to host the second annual Shop Your Local Bike Shop Day as a way to acknowledge and support our many wonderful shops here in Traverse City.
People For Bikes puts it nicely, “To many people, bike shops exist to do repairs and sell bicycles and components to customers. Shops can also serve another equally important purpose: as a hub for advocacy within their community. Through support of infrastructure and other bike-friendly policies, retailers help make bike riding better in their communities.”
How it works:
- Walk or ride your bicycle (driving is OK if you gotta!) to McLain Cycle & Fitness, Einstein Cycles, Suttons Bay Bikes, Brick Wheels, City Bike Shop or GT Cycle.
- “Check in” on FB, Instagram or Twitter and “tag” us to be entered into our Shop Your Local Bike Shop Day contest to win some rad prizes.
- Give the shop some love. Anything goes. Get your bike tuned up. Maybe snag a new bell. Or a basket. New helmet. Snacks. Whatev.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for making TC a bit more awesome.
* Shop Your Local Bike Shop Day starts at 9a Wednesday, May 3 and finishes that night at 6p. Don’t forget to “check in” at the shop and “tag” Norte! to be entered into the contest.
“Winners” will be randomly selected and notified by Thursday, May 4.
Traverse City Bike Month is a #BikeTVC celebration of people on bicycles.
In collaboration with many other bicycle-friendly organizations and businesses, Norte! will again be celebrating National Bike Month in a big, big way in 2017.
We will ride bikes. A lot. We will also build awareness for the growing presence of people on bicycles here in Traverse City and have tons of FUN! doing it. Mucho FUN!, actually.