The Bike Más Project teaches urban bike safety skills through empowerment, education, and adventure. Much adventure!
The Bike Más Project kids will:
- Explore Traverse City on their bike and discover its many awesome places
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills
- Become a bike handling ninja
- Build confidence. Get fit. And have FUN!
We launched The Bike Más Project in the spring of 2015 at Traverse Heights Elementary and now thanks to the Kiwanis Club and a Michigan Fitness Foundation/Michigan DOT Safe Routes To School grant, we’re excited to grow to reach more – lots more! – kids in 2017.
The Bike Más Project runs 1x/week for 5 weeks as an after-school program in the spring and fall.
2017 Spring Schedule (1x/week x 5 weeks starting the 1st week in May. Each 1.5 hour session starts right after school):
- Central Grade (Tuesdays starting May 2nd)
- Eastern at the Civic Center. Take the bus from BV and hop on your bike that we can store at the Clubhouse (Mondays starting May 8th)
- Traverse Heights (Wednesdays starting May 3rd)
- Willow Hill (Wednesdays starting May 3rd)
Thanks to the Kiwanis Club, the after-school Bike Más Project is offered free of charge to students.
Each session is limited to five 4th & 5th graders and students who sign up will be selected randomly a week before the program starts.
Download paper sign up form HERE.
Read more about The Bike Mas Project’s adventures from last year HERE.
Email us with questions firstname.lastname@example.org