Eastern Elementary is located at the base of beautiful Old Mission Peninsula and is home to the Stars.
Eastern is on the brink of active transportation greatness. The Stars:
- “won” the 2015 Most Bike-tastic Traverse City school award
- “won” the 2015 Most Walk-tastic Traverse City award
- has a very walk/bike-friendly principal in Mrs. Ruskowski
- hosts the Estrellas del Norte!, our learn to ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes, in the winter
- hosts The Bike Mas Project, our after school adventure-based empowerment program, in the spring/fall
- hosts El Barrio Bike Fix, our after school learn-to-wrench program, in the winter
- organizes the annual Remembrance Ride for Zeke
- boasts 5 Bike Trains
- and 8 Park & Stroll locations
- tracks all modes of travel
- supports walking, biking, and rolling to school EVERY day with its Safe Routes To School “adventure” to DC
Eastern’s Park & Stroll Locations
Distance from Park & Stroll locations to Eastern:
- Clancy Park – 0.4 miles
- TC Central – 0.2 miles
- East Bay Park – 0.8 miles
- TC Water Treatment Plant – 0.4 miles
- Indian Woods – 0.7 miles
- NMC – 0.4 miles
- Highland Park – 0.3 miles
- Civic Center – 1 mile
Eastern’s Bike Trains
The Eastern Express connects Oak Park neighborhood to Eastern.
The Express departs from its Station in the alley behind Ty and Johanna’s house (841 Washington Street) at 8:35.
The Express will arrives back at its Station after school at 4:30.
Please email Ty Schmidt, the Express’ chief Conductor, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re planning on riding The Express.
The Eastern Flyer
Th Flyer connects the Orchard Heights neighborhood to Eastern.
The Flyer departs from its Station at Clancy Park at 8:35. It enjoys a lovely ride down East Orchard Drive to Eastwood to Eastern Elementary. That’s a lot of “easts”!
The Flyer will arrive back at its Station at 4:20.
Please email Rebecca Sketch, the Flyer’s chief Conductor, at email@example.com if you’re planning on riding the train.
The Eastern Star Line
The Eastern Star Line connects the East Shore neighborhood at the base of Old Mission peninsula to Eastern Elementary.
The Star Line departs from its Station at Jason Plum’s house at 6177 East Shore Road at 8:35.
The Star Line is a perfect “drive2bike” train for those students on Old Mission who don’t live within biking distance. Parents are welcome to avoid the pickup/drop off line by throwing a bike in the car and dropping them off at the Station.
The Star Line will arrive back at its Station after school at 4:15.
Please email Jason Plum, the Star Line’s chief Conductor, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re planning on riding The Star Line.
The Eastern Special connects the Indian Woods neighborhood to Eastern Elementary.
The Special departs from its Station at East Bay park at 8:35.
The Special is a perfect “drive2bike” train for those students on the east side who don’t live within biking distance. Parents are welcome to avoid the pickup/drop off line by throwing a bike in the car and dropping them off at the Station.
The Special will arrive back at its Station after school at 4:10.
Please email Jon Robinson, the Special’s chief Conductor, a email@example.com if you’re planning on riding the train.
Printable Fridays Fantastico poster HERE.
Learn more about our Safe Routes To School programs HERE.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Norte! is dreaming big to make walking/biking/rolling to Eastern the new normal but we need mucho quality big people to make it happen. Helping kids actively get to school is both easier and awesome’er than you think. Sign up to volunteer here:http://goo.gl/forms/fgHT1dH8Vg
#BikeEastern #BikeHappy BikeMás