Thanks to you, year three was a good one for Norte!. Really good:
- Empowered 1000+ active, happy, ready-to-learn kids across Traverse City to walk/bike to school year round.
- Launched El Barrio Bike Fix, our pedal-powered mobile bike shop and program that teaches basic bike maintenance to elementary and middle school students.
- Scored a $20,000 Safe Routes To School grant to build on the successes of our Great Traverse City Bike Train Experiment.
- Expanded our adventure-based bike safety program, The Bike Mas Project, to Traverse Heights, Central Grade, Eastern Elementary and a week long summer camp.
- Estrellas! Our learn to ride program for preschoolers using balance bikes launched at Eastern Elementary and then hosted a successful weekly meet-up series this summer.
- Grew our Norte! Bike Library to 80+ bicycles to allow awesome kids to ride awesome bikes to school no matter their family’s resources.
- Led Traverse City to another Top 20 finish worldwide for the 2016 Winter Bike To Work Day competition.
- TC Rides, our super fun, always slow summertime community ride has grown into a not to be missed Wednesday night happening.
- Less screen time, more bike time in the woods! Vasa Domingos and Fridays@TheCommons, our weekly mountain bike rides, are getting mucho young people off the couch and into our Northern Michigan forests to ride bikes on dirt together.
- Empowered 871 awesome kids to walk to school this fall for our 2016 Traverse City Walks To School Day.
We couldn’t have done it without wonderful people like you, our many, many volunteers, supporters, sponsors, and community partners.
La Fiesta is a free celebration of people on bicycles in Traverse City
When: Sunday, November 6, 3-5 pm
Where: The Circuit. Map HERE.
What: Eats, drinks, high fives, special recognitions and pinata smashing too, of course.
Why: ‘Cause we think you’re awesome.
Send questions to email@example.com
Bike Happy. Bike Mas. Bike Traverse City.